[Wolves] Stop!!

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 12:31:06 GMT 2004

Hi all,

The important thing to remember is that email can be a difficult medium
in which to express sarcasm or humour. Peter, I think you may have
antagonised one or two people. I'd guess you didn't mean to and that
your sense of humour perhaps clashed with some other people who use this
list. My suggestion, though, is to sit back a little and try to take
evaluate the culture of the list. It can be temptingly easy to jump into
a certain way of speaking, in an impersonal medium such as this, but
that can lead to people taking you the wrong way. The LUG is as much a
social thing, as it is a chance for people to exchange Linux experience.
Some of us in here have been using lists, such as this one, for over ten
years. That's not to say we're better than you, just that we have better
understanding of how to express ourselves accurately.

As for everyone else: if something pisses you off that much, why take
the bait? The last thing we need is for this list to become a slanging
match.

Matt.