[Wolves] Linux at last!!!!

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 3 06:19:53 GMT 2004

I've only been using SuSE 9 for a week or so, but I can point out one fairly significant difference.
On the 3cd personal edition Slocate is missing and the replacement is NOT called slocate but is called "findutils-locate" and needs to be downloaded:

without this you cannot do "updatedb" or "locate"

KDE is the default desktop for SuSE, Windowmaker and gnome come with it as well, but have to be chosen.

The "comes with" version of Kaffeine (Xine based media player) and avifile are released as crippled and won't play dvd's.
If you're after DVD support, things need to be added.

nux