[Wolves] 3D graphics cards

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Sun Jan 4 06:58:35 GMT 2004

Peter Oliver spoo'd forth:
> Given that you can get a new bottom end graphics card for about 30 quid,
> I'm thinking of upgrading.  I currently have an Nvidia card, and I've been
> satisfied with their OpenGL drivers.  Does anyone have any comments on the
> quality of Linux support from ATI?

I've just bought a Radeon 7000 for thirty quid from The COmputer Shop
in Merry Hill, and it works pretty well with DRI -- I've been playing
Max Payne acceptably under WineX, and glxgears gives me 380fps (which
is pretty good on this Duron 800 :))

Aq.

--
Two things I learned for sure during a particularly intense acid trip
in my own lost youth: (1) everything is a trivial special case of