[Wolves] 3D graphics cards

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 20:23:56 GMT 2004

> I'm going off the idea of buying kit on the net; half the time it
> doesn't seem to work :(

there are always computer fairs - I went to an excalibur
(http://www.theshowguide.co.uk) one today at the national motor bike
museum (M42 near NEC) which was a bit shitty... I'm sure it used to be
bigger (perhaps saturday is better than sunday?).

There weren't any real things worth looking at from my point of view -
they were still all selling either cd or dvd media, cd or dvd cases or pc
cases which were midi sized (why don't they try doing shuttle sized ones
?!)

usual network cards for a fiver, and ink cartridges etc as well.

we bought a usb wireless adapter (25 quid) which might go to our
neighbour, and a 5 quid ethernet card (rtl8139d).

dunno if we'll bother going again as admission was 4 quid each (less for
students/members etc)

David

--

http://codepoets.co.uk/david