[Wolves] ms fud

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 09:22:32 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 18:45, sparkes wrote:
> http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/facts/default.asp
>
> my fav is wintel cheaper than linux mainframe ;-) how does wintel
> compare to linux on cheap hardware ?
>
> .net 25% cheaper than j2ee on linux, but how does .net compare to lamp,
> open scripting languages or internaational standard  languages.
>
> the only problem is people read this and believe it. hell people buy
> shit from qvc they will believe this.

Not that I trust M$, but I do think that in certain situations the best
solution may well be Windows... products like small business server do
seem to be very integrated (note I've not used it ever) and I'm not
aware of a similar OSS solution which is as apparently integrated or as
simple to set up.

David.
--
Technical Consultant
Open Minds High Availability Solutions
e : david.goodwin at openminds.co.uk
t : +44 (0)121 313 3947 f : +44 (0)121 313 3944