[Wolves] Fax from MySql database

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Wed Jan 7 14:43:26 GMT 2004

Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi Wayne,
>
> I have never faxed from Linux, so take this with a
> pinch of salt.
>
> Couldnt you get a command line fax program (hylafax?)
> and then do a mysqldump into a file, then cut the
> results out with a script and fax it. You could also
> use the CGI PHP to output the results of the query in
> a readable format to the file and then fax it.

This is, as ever, just my tuppenceworth, but I have tried hylafax here
at work and frankly it sucked chicken bottoms.  I don't know whether I
made a booboo configuring the thing but it was *slow as buggery*.

It was incredible - sometimes it took ten minutes just to send a
one-page-of-A4 fax.  I suppose it was cool in other ways though - what
with the message queueing and whatnot - but *ten minutes*, man!  That
is, like, a lifetime!  Or something.

Like I said, just my tuppenceworth.

Laters
--