[Wolves] Fax from MySql database

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 15:37:05 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 14:59, Aquarius wrote:
> Wayne Morris spoo'd forth:
> > Help!
> >
> > Still trying to find either:
> > Preferably
> > 1) a Linux fax program that will send the same fax to a list of
> > subscribers numbers held in a MySql database
> >
> > or
> >
> > 2)
> > A way of getting Winfax Pro to access the MysQl db (which is on a Redhat
> > server) - (I only know how to read MySql using php pages)
>
> Can WinFax Pro access a subscriber list from any other sort of
> database?
>
> Aq.

I USED to be able to connect Winfax Pro to an Access database using ODBC (whatever that was!) but
MS removed ODBC support with XP.
So, the only choice that looks remotely useable in the 'Use phonebook' option of Winfax appears to be
'SQL Server via ODBC' (other choices being Access Phonebook via ODBC, Lotus Organise, Dbase etc)

So is ODBC a thingy compatible and runnable on my Sql server?