[Wolves] Progress report!!

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 22:50:24 GMT 2004

Hi folk

I did say i will give a list of the hardware I used
for my PC and the key bits are:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
Asus nVidia GeForce FX 5200
Asus DVD player
Maxtor SATA HD

SuSE 9.0 had no problem detecting printer, external cd
writer etc. It didn't detect my scanner and since
found out that it is not supported (I already had the
scanner my priority was for the main PC).

I chose Asus products because they support Linux with
drivers etc.

The only thing I am a bit puzzled about is how slow
some of the applications are when loading, such as
Openoffice,  but after that they seem ok, any
thoughts?

I am still trying to get my head around the file
system and structure. I have just found a way to
change from normal user to root from the command line
but I have not tested it yet!!

I'll see how I am fixed for the 14th.

Cheers

Mo