Peter is now offical timekeeper was Re: [Wolves] my five mins of fame

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Thu Jan 8 10:31:25 GMT 2004

David Goodwin spoo'd forth:

>> It's nice to know I am not the only one who has had problems with that.
>>
>> I thought it was me being thick!  (Probably still was... :) )
>
> I thought ntpd was able to act like ntpdate but running all the time -
> as in you specify upstream servers you wish to sync with, and it (ntpd)
> would keep your local clock synced, and it comes with the added benefit
> of being usable by other computers on your local network.....

I'm pretty sure that I read up about it all and it said "if your
primary intention is to get accurate time on one machine, rather than
being a time server to lots of machines, don't run ntpd". Naturally, I
can't remember where I read this or even if it is just a product of my
fevered imagination...

Aq.

--
You're *not* friends. You'll *never* be friends. You'll be in love
till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll