[Wolves] Off topic - travelwm

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 10:05:59 GMT 2004

 --- Kat Goodwin <kat at codepoets.co.uk> wrote: > I'd
rather see a railtrack/central trains hate
> site...

Agreed :) They're f***ing awful.

On topic though. I think this may be a clear case of
cybersquatting. What is your purpose for owning this
domain? If it is to filter people misdirectedly trying
to find the West Midlands Travel site to your own site
then I guess you have a problem. From WMTs point of
view, you are causing nuisance and possibly offence to
it's customers who are not looking for what your
redirect offers. Then there is the child angle. To my
legally oblivious eye you have 2 options and it
depends on your reason for owning the domain in the
first place.

1) Put a link to the legitimate WM Travel site on an
index page. Thereby you could not be accused of
misdirecting the unsuspecting, or exploiting WMs
business reputation.

2) Try to sell them the domain. You will make some
money.

I don't mean to sound judgemental but thats the way it
comes across to me. The law is there to prevent this
kind of thing. Whether it is right or wrong is a
matter beyond my interest.

Ad

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk