[Wolves] Angel 3

David Goodwin david.goodwin at openminds.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 14:07:40 GMT 2004

Old Dan wrote:
> Ron Wellsted wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Old Dan wrote:
>>
>>> Dan
>>> OK OK 4.5 years old...
>>>
>> I already have a couple of 8GB Seagate ST38641A drives ready to put in
>> (about the same age, so just nicely run in by now!)
>

> Good-o.  This means I don't have to go hunting then.
>
> ...or maybe I will - set up a 12GB RAID 0 drive for some not-so-serious
> (ie gaming) usage.  :)

I'd suggest you give LVM a whirl - it's a lot more flexible than RAID,
from what I've read as you can resize it dynamically without having to
destroy all data beforehand etc. You can also do snapshot backups, which
is a nice feature.

LVM only does RAID 0 (unless you layer it on top of a RAID device).

David.

--
David Goodwin
Open Minds High Availability Solutions