[Wolves] Small Linuxes

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Sun Jan 18 16:41:55 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 16:30, Aquarius wrote:

> Sparkes in "If I only had a brain" shocker. :)

Aq in "If only I had a beard" shocker ;-)

> There are lots of distributions based on Knoppix that do not have such
> heavy hardware requirements but *do* retain the hardware detection and
> so on.
but they are only knoppix in the same way that knoppix is debian.  I
stand by my original statement that knoppix is not for flaky hardware
and is too bloated to do anything other than show linux desktops to
disbelievers.

> I recommend either Damn Small Linux or Feather Linux, both of which
> seem great to me and keep all the nice features of Knoppix. DSL will fit
> onto a 50MB business card CD.
But it's not knoppix is it?

> Don't listen to sparkes, he doesn't know what
> he's talking about. :)
Don't listen to Aq, he doesn't know what he's talking about ;-)

> Aq.
sparkes