[Wolves] New Lug bloke

Chris Procter Chris at foxonline.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 09:41:14 GMT 2004

> Mac os X is not that bad esp as its BSD based hehe. Oh well.. the ony real
bad point is that aqua crashes alot im puttin KDE on it today but if anyone
kows how to stop aqua running while im doing that it would be appreciated.

I used to have aqua lock up on me but more ram solved the problem, 128MB
isn't really enough for it to work satisfactorily something to do with it
double buffering its gui for faster redraw times. I upgraded to 384MB and
have never had a problem since.

At the login use ">console" as the username and a blank password and it
drops you out to the cli login prompt. Possibly command-v at boot-up takes
you straight to the cli as well but I've never tried it and my notes are a
tad hazy.

chris