[Wolves] Smart phones

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 12:53:56 GMT 2004

Okay, this is sort of off topic, esp. as there aren't (AFAIK) any UK Linux
based smart phones.

My Nokia 7650 is coming to the end of its useful life - it's a brick, the
buttons have stopped working and the interface, while a million miles
better than a standard phone, is a bit naff. So, I'm considering a change.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Size wise - I call the 7650 a brick
as its size is made up for by anything useful, like a huge screen - so, it
doesn't have to be tiny. I like the look of the - now cheap - P800 but it
still seems to be very much a phone, with other stuff tacked on.

Should I just go for a bluetooth PDA and hook it up to a small bluetooth
phone, when necessary? I like the idea of leaving the PDA at home, for pub
trips, for example.

The other things is that I don't really wanna spend too much. Oh, also, if
I buy a PDA (not phone) in New York, am I gonna have problems using it in
the UK? I can get a voltage convertor but will there be software probs?

Any thoughts appreciated! I've had a look at the usual smart phone
offerings and nothing jumps out.

--

Matthew Revell
www.understated.co.uk