[Wolves] Archive via Google

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 20:08:54 GMT 2004

I personally use the archives a lot. Ours in
particular, but most of my google searches for Linux
problems, error messages and their solutions come up
with answers in other list's archives. I think they
are an essential resource, I use them as much as man
pages and howtos. Given the nature of our community I
think it would be mean and in bad spirit to remove or
restrict access to our archived knowledge.

However, it might be an idea to include an advisory on
the mailing list homepage stating that all postings to
the list are archived and publicly available, with
advice on how to stop your postings being archived.

If there is to be a vote, I vote no.

Ad

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk