[Wolves] RPM

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 12:44:31 GMT 2004

Here is another distraction!!!

I can understand now (I think!) how to run RPM. However, where and how do you point RPM (from the command line) to the right source of the package? what I mean is if I have a package on CD-ROM that came with a magazine how do I install using RPM. I understand the file name format for RPM packages.

Also, I think,though I am not sure, YaST2 does the the same job of RPM, is this correct? and is it just a case of browsing for the source of the package from within YaST2?

Cheers

Mo