[Wolves] GPL, IP and patents..

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Tue Jan 20 13:57:31 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 11:25, Matthew Revell wrote:
> fizzy said:
> >  --- fizzy <fizzyorguk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> I'm sure there was a general release game that you
> >> controlled by thought, this would of course be
> >> amazingly cool, but I may have imagined it.
> >
> > It's called mind drive and looks rather cool! They
> > used to retail at $300, maybe i'll find one on ebay...
>
> Wow, surely that's the stuff of Lawnmower Man, not 8-bit computing!
definatly but not that hard to get that kind of input at the quality it
had ;-)

In the 80's I had an electronics mag that carried something very much
like it.

> > There was also the 'mega-pc', half mega drive, half
> > pc, rather cool.
>
> Oh my lordy, yes! Looking back, that sort of hybrid beast seems mad, but
> there it used to be, in Dixons, sporting an Amstrad badge.
they used  to sell them in catalogue too.  I wanted one but when from my
selection of crappy amstrad pc clones to a compaq 386 for power
computing ;-)

> > Finally, amstrad action was my childhood computer
> > magazine of choice :)
>
> Just think, there's a generation just after ours ... they'll be talking
> about Playstation Magazine. How depressing.
You forgot the middle generation where 'superplay' would be the cool
choice and any title containing 'offical', 'unoffical' or 'magazine' in
the title would be the kiddies choice ;-)

sparkes