[Wolves] Archive via Google

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Tue Jan 20 18:58:31 GMT 2004

fizzy spoo'd forth:
> times...) What's the bible story about lots of people
> talking in lots of languages again?

The story of the Tower of Babel, planned by Nimrod. God confused
the languages of the people, giving rise to the myriad different
tongues of today by striking at the Word rather than sending a
flood or something equally unsubtle. There is a message here, I feel.

> Eats, shoots and leaves.  Eats shoots and leaves.
> Same sentence, two different meanings, one comma
> difference.

Two commas difference. Two. "Eats, shoots, and leaves."

Those of you who disagree will presumably see nothing wrong with
my planned dedication to whatever the first book that I write is:
"To my parents, Jono Bacon and Nelson Mandela".

Commas are important. All punctuation is important. A wise man once
remarked that there is one short space of difference between
"therapist" and "the rapist". Moreover, a hyphen can mean the
difference between "an anti-child-abuse campaign" and
"an anti-child abuse campaign". Big difference for the kids, there...

Aq.

--
I would not bet against the existence of time machines; my opponent
may have seen the future and know the answer.