[Wolves] Small Linuxes

fizzy fizzyorguk at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 09:41:01 GMT 2004

 --- Simon Burke <its_simon_burke at hotmail.com> wrote:
> right, i'd just like to mention freebsd on my epic
> quest to get ppl to switch from linux to BSD, heh.

Whenever I mention BSD Aq always has a go and says,
it's a linux users group, the first word is a hint :)
Now we have TWO people in our splitters section ;)

BSD is ok, it's a bit backward tho (still no infrared
support I think) and it has built in stack protection
which I don't like for security reasons (a default
exploit  for bsd will take this into account, a
default linux exploit won't, yes it's security through
obsecurity to a degree, but it's also another level of
security - I don't recommend soley relying on
this...). However, it's pcmcia floppy drive support on
my libretto ruled! In fact, I may put BSD back on my
libretto... One of the best things about BSD is the
ports collection, which is linux stuff anyway!

fizz