[Wolves] Newbie new boy

Rob Annable rob at annable.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 07:12:29 GMT 2004

Dear All,

As the latest addition to the WLUG, I thought it was about time I introduced
myself.  I'm a Linux newbie who, until a few weeks ago, thought ssh was
something you said in libraries and a gimp was - well, you don't need to know
what I thought a gimp was.

I'll happily confess to the fact that I'm hoping for free tech support but I'm
also hoping to make some new friends along the way.

I am (in no particular order) an architect; husband; rock climber; very bad
guitar player; fencer*; father; wannabe geek; 70's porn star**; tired.

*with a sword, not a timber post
** see clothing preferences discussed at
http://www.jonobacon.org/ramble/viewcomments.php?id=19

----

Proof of this can found at:

www.annable.co.uk
(a couple of years since I updated it, best stuff is listed under 'diploma')

www.noughtpointfive.co.uk
(under construction, blog is about to be redone as I have decided against the
commercial cost of Moveable Type and plan to use Blosxom)

You can also get me here: http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1433351

and here: http://www.tribe.net/

and occasionally here: http://www.achaea.com

My obligatory internet pseudonym is 'eversion'

----

I'm a little stunned by how prolific this group is and I doubt if I'll be able
to post as regularly as most of you.  I'm more likely to sweep in every now
and then and bug you with endless questions.  The wifi problems I started on
Jono's forum are still unsolved...

Rob