[Wolves] Micro$oft Access DB

Re-LoaD's LUG Mail lug at networks.homeip.net
Tue Jan 27 14:41:01 GMT 2004

Hi All,
    I'm after some help please.
We have here at work an access data base about 18MB in size, currently if a
user needs to use said data base he/she just opens the file over the novell
shares.
This basically transfers the whole file to the local machine, Not very quick
and some users don't even have access to the correct share.
Ok what I have been asked is can this data base be held on a central server
with a web based front end ??
now I know nothing about data bases / access and very little about web based
front ends.

Can any one point me in the right direction, a place to start. Can access
data bases be converted into other formats ?
I do have Mysql, apache, perl, etc installed on my Linux servers what I
would like to do is hold the data base on one server ( this is my main
store )
and run web queries from the web server.

Thanks in advance

Re-LoaD