[Wolves] Re: Can you believe it??!!

Jayne Heger sphynx at clara.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 09:24:52 GMT 2004

> I explained that my web browser *was* higher than IE 5.0! So why wasn't it
> working?
>
> And they said I should *phone* the support desk!!!! (I'm quite tempted, just
> for a laugh!)
>
> Anyway, I haven't got time to hang on the end of a phone all day, so has
> anyone got any ideas how I get round this?

I used to have exactly the same problem when I was at Wolverhampton uni, and
I too sent an email to the Webmaster, but got no response.
basically I had 2 options.
1) I use Konqueror, which can pretend to be any number of web browsers, so I
configured it to pretend it was Internet Explorer 5 which sometimes worked.
2) I had Vmware - Virtual PC on my Linux Box so effectively installed
Windows 98 with Internet Explorer 5 on.

If you want any more information just email me.
I'm also sending this to your personal address as I cannot seem to post to
the LUG anymore, need to get that sorted soon.

Regards

Jayne