[Wolves] {Dangerous Filename?} Hi

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Thu Jan 29 14:04:03 GMT 2004

David Goodwin spoo'd forth:
> Chris Procter wrote:
>> Does anyone know what a .pif file actually is, the only ones I have ever
>> encountered have been viruses but I assume not even windows would reserve a
>> file extension for viruses.
>>

> I think it's some lame ancient legacy thing... although I've only ever
> seen .com and .exe executables personally.

PIF files defined a set of configuration parameters for running a
specific DOS program under Windows. God knows why MS are still
supporting these things. Split it out into a "legacy" addin and make
people download the addin if they want to keep their flippin' DOS and
Win311 programs running, I say.

Aq.

--
"Last week, I arrived in Sunnydale. Or perhaps it was the week before,
I don't know."