[Wolves] Desktop Linux distro.

bambam at opendildonics.org bambam at opendildonics.org
Mon Jul 5 19:50:38 BST 2004

Ok, I'm sure i'm going to start a bit of a debate here, but
we'll just do what we normally do: a few well reasoned
opinions from the learned members, a few not-so-well
reasoned opinions from less learned members, a few arguments
from those who've had a bad day, and then i'll do whatever
aq suggests.

What distro is best on the desktop? I'm basically after
something that will outstrip debian for not having to deal
with so many details - a distro that will find all my
standard hardware instantly, ask me for an ip/nm/gw and have
a nice high level package interface.

Must have kde and gnome available, along with firefox,
xmule, xmms, gimp, python, perl, and all the other bells and
whistles of a full development environment.

I was looking at knoppix/morphix - but can't seem to get a
straight answer out of anyone. And so I turn to you,
faithful fellos to set me straight on the path to desktop
harmony.

bambam

--
Cry 'Socket(),' and let slip the packets of war;

Life must be so much better when you don't have to choose
between heating and eating.

Life's much better now i get heating and eating for free.