[Wolves] Desktop Linux distro.

Chris chris at puremorning.co.uk
Mon Jul 5 20:57:53 BST 2004

On Monday 05 Jul 2004 19:51, bambam at opendildonics.org spurted:
> What distro is best on the desktop? I'm basically after
> something that will outstrip debian for not having to deal
> with so many details

hmm...
if u don't mind not having apt-get and a little windows-like behaviour, i'd
suggest Mandrake or SUSE (but i haven't used this in a while)... these seem
to be the best at "out of the box" sort of compatibility and setup, and then
maybe Fedora but seeing how it is bleeding edge, it might fall down a little
bit...

if you can't live with out the wonders of apt then i really would suggest
Morphix, which i found to be absolutly brilliant, probably the easiest of all
the distro's for me to get working

umm... AFAIK all the distros come with what you want, with the exception of
Firefox, which i believe you will still have to download.

if you were a first time user, i'd suggest the bloat and fun of Mandrake, but
seeing as your not, i really would suggest giving Moprhix a go.

Aq told me to give it a try and i was amazed... so i think (that maybe
although i could be wrong) he might suggest it to you aswell..

btw... apparantly knoppix's hardware support isn't that grand... but i haven't
tried it so i can't comment

--
"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We
don't believe this to be a coincidence"