[Wolves] Desktop Linux distro.

alexgay at blueyonder.co.uk alexgay at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 6 10:56:58 BST 2004

> Redhat
> All hail RedHat, Cried like a baby when they ended the free version I had RH9
> Very very very slick looked good just prior to the change you could have been
> forgiven for thinking you were on a Windows machine (Thats not a bad thing
> thats good. If people are happy/comfortable they'll change) 99.8% hardware
> detection (I would have scored it higher but it f*&$@ed up detecting my
> graphics card until Mr Google came up with a fix). needed tinkering.

Xandros
based on debian, windows Look/feel (see above arguments) comes with crossover office if you must have this.
Downside, you either get a cover mount trial and let crossover office expire, or you have to pay for it.  Upside, OOo is free.
Didn't have a problem installing.  Ineed to play with this a bit more though, so if anyone else has used it more extensivly, an views?

Alex G