[Wolves] Panel Clock running slow

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue Jul 6 20:07:04 BST 2004

Mo Awkati wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have noticed that the clock in the KDE panel is
>losing time. Anyone experienced this? I am aware that
>it might be the motherboard/motherboard battery but
>there are no issues with booting etc. I read that some
>apps could mess up the time. Any thoughts?

yeah, I lose time on this laptop when I travel it seems to take einstein
litterally and has it's own space/time continum where every mile
traveled = about 30 seconds one way or the other.  Or it could just be
acpi messing with my mind.  Currently about 2 or 3 mins slow, Mark Cook
was two or three fast so I replied to him before he replied to my post
that I hadn't written yet this morning.  See how confusing these things
get ;-)

I also remember Aq has a problem when video encoding.

You could search the archives of this list for NTP and ntpdate to see
the combined wisdom of Peter, James and Jon setting everyones clock for
them ;-)  Or you could check out the distilled version from Aq
http://www.kryogenix.org/days/2004/01/09/ntp

>I use SUSE 9.0 Pro.,KDE, ASUS A7N8X Delux motherboard.

You should be able to use yast to get ntp iand then set it up with the
servers as explained by Aq.  If you *really* want to understand it all.
I am sure Peter, James and Jon (and now Aq and Dan) will explain it all
for you.

I have set up a ntp server on my network but currently this machine
isn't set up to use it.  I lost my config when I upgraded to 2.6 and
forgot to get it fixed.

>Thanks
>
>Mo

sparkes