[Wolves] Panel Clock running slow

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 09:15:23 BST 2004

On Wednesday 07 Jul 2004 19:23, The wise and knowledgeable Ron Wellsted
proclaimed:

> Well my installation of SuSE 9.1 Professional is keeping time, but then
> I do run ntp on my server so my workstation is at stratum 4.

Ah, but there is variable you have not taken into account, I switch my machine
off.

I only have it on most of Saturday and Sunday possibly for a couple of hours
Wed, Thur & Fri night.

Classic example last night, switch mission control on (Suse 9.1) the chairman
and staff of Midlands electricity board rub their hands together.

Desktop loads and, wait for it, clock says Saturday 03.07.04 3.33am! this was
at 18.40 last night.

It only takes a couple of seconds to put it right but there you go.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"