[Wolves] Web hosting for our church

Matthew Revell matthew.revell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 09:16:05 BST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:12:09 +0100, Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Now heres the clever bit, a lot of peoples natural reaction is "Ooh I'm not
> letting some other git use our name" and agree to purchase but the best laugh
> is they were not looking for one in the first place. 1-0 to the salesman I
> think?

Peter, mate: Essex boy to Essex boy, I've not commented on stuff like
this before but really, this is the sort of thing that gave the
internet and internet companies a horrifically bad name in the late
nineties. There's nothing clever about it: it's a con. The salesman
gets a quick few quid but loses the opportunity to build a proper
business relationship and the customer gets ripped off and warns
everyone not to touch the company involved.

Still, generally the arseholes behind that sort of scheme get caught
out, sooner or later.

--
Matthew Revell
Writer and editor