[Wolves] ThunderBird & Moz

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Wed Jul 14 16:56:57 BST 2004

TriG said:
> Hallo,
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this? I have just installed the latest
> Mozilla from Mozilla.org
> Mozilla 1.7
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040616
>
> and also the latest ThunderBird 0.7.1.
>
> I run Xandros 2, which is Debian, so treat it as debian...

Clearly we should not treat it as Debian, though -- if it was Debian,
you'd have installed mozilla-thunderbird and mozilla-firefox, right?
Rather than custom versions. That aside, Mozilla does it because, well,
it's MOzilla. Firefox makes this stuff better. Clicking links from
Thunderbird I can't really help with -- it didn't work for me for quite a
while, and now it does. This, again, might be fixed if you used Firefox
rather than core Moz.

Aq.