[Wolves] RE: Wolves Digest, Vol 43, Issue 9

h.berry at blueyonder.co.uk h.berry at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 11:14:56 BST 2004

Greetings,
Whilst some of you are on the sun-lit uplands others are struggling in the foothills. Sometimes I think that it is no coincidence Linux has been invented by a Swede. It seems to follow the same pattern as many of their famous inventions like the sauna (especially the whipping with birch twigs and plunging  into icy water), you have to have determination that all this will be ultimately good for you.
After trying Fedora 1, I thought I would try Fedora 2. A big black void ensued- like the Scandinavian winter.
So I jumped ship and headed for Germany. SuSE 9 is my latest bed of nails. Success! Well......... nearly. So at last to my particular problem.
When SuSE is loading, my monitor displays everything beautifully. When It has finished and I am into KDE, my Proview TFT monitor puts up a little sign in the middle of the screen to let me know that VGA is not supported. Behind KDE is accessible and most things seem to work OK. I have had a fiddle with Yast, but to no avail.
Has anyone any advice?

Regards,
Howard
Ibsen uses Linux, why not you?