[Wolves] RE: Wolves Digest, Vol 43, Issue 9

Andy Wootton Andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 12:11:05 BST 2004

h.berry at blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

So at last to my particular problem. When SuSE is loading, my monitor
displays everything beautifully. When It has finished and I am into KDE,
my Proview TFT monitor puts up a little sign in the middle of the screen
to let me know that VGA is not supported. Behind KDE is accessible and
most things seem to work OK. I have had a fiddle with Yast, but to no avail.

> Has anyone any advice?

I suspect that, despite the message, VGA is supported and that is what
the SuSe startup screens are using. Your problems begin once X takes
over. Try setting X back to some generic VGA configuration then work
forward from there. I don't know SuSe but I think I recognise the
countryside that you are travelling through.

Woo