[Wolves] C++ Compiler

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 18 08:39:52 BST 2004

--- Tim T Humpherson <tim_matrix at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi Tim

> > I am running a SuSE 9.1 Pro, and I can't find a
> C++
>
> > Programming/Compiler on the menus. Is it KDevelop?
>

> > What I wanted is to start learning C++ and I have
> a book on C++
>
> > programming and I would like to start off with a
> simple C++ programs,
>
> > but which program do I use on this Linux that I am
> using?

With SUSE 9.1 Pro I suspects its just like SuSE 9.0
Pro. Go into YAST and then Install and Remove
programmes. On the left hand side you have a search
facility. Look for search by group from the drop down
menu. Look for development and you will find what you
need there. It will show you what is installed and
what isn't. When you highlight an app it will give you
its info in the lower window. Look for the technical
tab and scroll down it and it will tell which CD you
need to load.

I hope this helps.

Mo