[Wolves] Palm Clie SJ22 Link

Tim T Humpherson tim_matrix at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 20:27:32 BST 2004

Hi there,

Can anyone help with this problem?

I use a SuSE 9.1 Pro and am unable to link the Sony Clie SJ22 palm to the
Linux OS.

When I invoked the "USBView" from the menu, it came up with an error message
as follows:

...Could not open the file  /proc/bus/usb/devices

...Verify that you have USB compiled into your kernel, have the USB core
modules loaded, and have the usbdevfs filesystem mounted.

Well, as far as I know that the USB is working, as I tried to plug my
digital camera into the USB and it detected as a Mass Storage Device.  I
opened that folder and yeah, pictures comes up nicely.  That tells me that
the USB is already compiled into the kernal (am I right?).  As for the core
modules, I am not sure if these are already loaded or not.  How do I tell
that these are loaded?  What's the command to show you that it's loaded?
Finally, how do I mount this usbdevfs filesystem, and which USB can I mount
it to?  I have no idea which USB port it uses, as there are four on the PC.
How do I tell which USB Ive plugged in, like usb1, usb3 or what.

Thanks a mil....

Regards

Tim