[Wolves] RE: Wolves Digest, Vol 44, Issue 1 SuSE NVIDIA

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 09:27:25 BST 2004

On Monday 19 Jul 2004 19:02, The wise and knowledgeable
h.berry at blueyonder.co.uk proclaimed:

> Downloaded new NVIDA driver using Yast Online Update. Now things are very
> much better. In fact top notch. Thanks for your help Peter. Next problem-
> Sound! the sound card is recognised and the test plays fine, but KCD makes
> no sound. It doesn't even seem to know there's a CD present. In the DVD

Glad I could help with the graphics, sound is another matter! Have you tried
any other media players such as Audio Player, Kaboodle or any others?

My sound does not work on my Suse box. I believe its because its on board it
worked for about 30 seconds when I did the upgrade but not now. The fact that
you say "It doesn't even seem to know there's a CD present" makes me think
there is a problem with KCD hence my question regarding other players.

I think Matt or Mathew know a command to probe the sound I'm sure they will
post it for you when they read this.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"