The LUG (was Re: [Wolves] Wireless Network)

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 00:40:52 BST 2004

On Friday 28 May 2004 16:06, Mark Cook wrote:
> > What? Like in 'home alone'?! Why would anyone want to
> > rob a police station anyway....
>
> Didn't the Terminator destroy a police station?

Yes. Immediately following a scene where he asked if he could see the heroine
of the film (who as being held there for her own protection) and was turned
away by a bored and rather abrupt police officer. That scene was the origin
of Schwarzenegger's famous quote: "I'll be back!"

More computer-related Terminator trivia:

In the original film, the scenes showing the Terminator's "head up display"
featured 6502 assembly language listings, which were apparently the screen
output of a checksum program for the Apple II, published in 'Nibble'
Magazine.

The 6502 processor was originally released to market in September 1975 by MOS
Technologies, and cost $25 (US). A scene in the later "Terminator 3" sequel
showed that Schwarzenegger's cyborg character had four processors.

Verions of the 6502 processor were also used in such machines as the Apple II,
BBC Micro and Nintendo Entertainment System.

James

(Source: http://www.wordiq.com/definition/MOS_Technologies_6502)