[Wolves] boredom

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 15:35:21 BST 2004

On Friday 04 Jun 2004 15:04, SimonB wrote:

> well im assuming it works as the demo verion works fine on my machines,
> but thats cuz my machine has common parts ish, if not then i can force
> it spose or i have a debian net inst cd knocking about somewhere.

I had no major problems with 9.0 apart from I still have display issues my
graphics card is a Voodoo 4 but there is only entries for either 3 or 5 :-(

Everything was OK last week but I fired it up last night and it didn't want to
start I did a failsafe start which was OK although it complained
that /dev/hdd5 was not unmounted cleanly (this is my swap????) I was able to
do startx but the Gui was a bit flaky (I presume because it was VGA=normal)
couldn't see any problems although I may have done a stupid thing I enabled
DMA as this was another complaint did a restart and it all went down hill
from there it gets as far as setting cmos and stalls or I get boot record
skipped any way I'll try the upgrade (I'm, hoping the Windows trick of an
overlay install will happen) if upgrading doesn't work I'll have to wipe and
reinstall.

Oooh I hastent to add one of my girls was hanging around outside the door
looking very sheepish, Hmm I wonder?

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"