[Wolves] /etc/resolv.conf

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Sun Jun 6 11:11:57 BST 2004

Matthew Revell wrote:
> Thanks for the help with the resolv.conf thing, much appreciated. Anyone
> got any ideas why it defaults to a Taiwan DNS?
>
> Here's the strange thing, each time I boot up, it goes back to the
> Taiwan address, even if I change it to the Blueyonder DNS. Any ideas why
> that is?

Are you using a DHCP server? If you are, /etc/network/interfaces will
not have a load of stuff stating what your gateway etc is. If that's the
case, then your DHCP server tells your machine which DNS servers to use,
so you need to configure your DHCP server to tell it the right ones. If
you have a Smoothwall box, then that will probably be acting as DHCP.

Aq.