[Wolves] the need for more money

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon Jun 7 09:08:38 BST 2004

On 6 Jun 2004, at 22:10, Chris Ball wrote:

> heh, the need for more money has driven me to look for a new job...
> one as
> far away from grease and obese people as possible,

congrats, you jump out of one McJob and into another ;-)

>  i was looking at getting
> into the IT industry.. but as i have no qualifactions,

I don't have any formal IT qualifications what you can do is far more
important.  A degree opens doors but you have to have the skills to
keep the job and keep up the momentum.  I taught at a higher level than
I am formally qualified ;-)

> any ideas what i
> should do? heh, i'm looking for help desk work at the moment,

Loads of people start off on the hell desk but only use it as a
stepping stone as more than about 18 months will turn you into a people
hating zombie.

>  but should i
> try one of those computeach course things?

The only people who make money out of these things are the salesmen
selling you the finance to do the course.  What qualification do you
want to get?  start actually doing the jobs to get the skills and then
get the tax man to pay if you still want to get the qualifications
later.  Don't pay for your own certifications ;-)

> any advice would be great

and 100% opinionated ;-)

sparkes