[Wolves] Small Distro

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 20:37:53 BST 2004

Hi Everyone

I am trying to recycle an old laptop from work this is
the spec as far as i can make it:

Toshiba T2130CS
500MB hard drive
8MB memory
Intel processor

I will be going away on holidy in August and I would
like to take some Linux books etc with me to improve
my knowledge of the command line, and some coding. Is
there a distro small enough that I can load from
floppies, bearing in mind what I am after as the
laptop does not have a CD-ROM drive? I would prefer
the distro to have a GUI desktop etc so I can have a
go at some C++ coding etc.

The laptop has Windows 3.1!!! and I want to wipe it
off so I am not looking at dual booting.

Your help would be appreciated

Cheers

Mo