[Wolves] Squid and MSN and Digital Cameras :-)

Jayne Heger jayneheger at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 09:16:11 BST 2004

Jon Farmer <jon at viperdude.org> wrote:

On Wed, June 9, 2004 10:29 pm, Jayne Heger said:

> Right, I am running a Squid proxy server which I setup
> a few months ago now, Its great, apart from one thing,
> MSN no longer works. I have tested it without going
> through squid, i.e. directly through my router and it
> works, so I know the problem is with my squid setup.
> I have tried also Kopete and Gaim so also know its not
> a problem with my MSN client.
> My bf also runs squid and he can use MSN messenger
> fine, (the main reason I want to set it up so I can
> chat to him again!)

Hi Jayne

Are you sure this is a Squid problem and not a firewall problem? I dont
use MSN messenger anymore as personally I think its pants but problems
with IM clients are usually to do with Firewall and/or NAT setups.

I am 100% sure it is not a firewall problem. I have tested this so I know its something to do with my squid.conf

Jayne