[Wolves] Squid and MSN and Digital Cameras :-)

Jayne Heger jayneheger at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 10:42:49 BST 2004

David Goodwin <david at openminds.co.uk> wrote:

> works, so I know the problem is with my squid setup.
> I have tried also Kopete and Gaim so also know its not
> a problem with my MSN client.
> My bf also runs squid and he can use MSN messenger
> fine, (the main reason I want to set it up so I can
> chat to him again!)
>
> Have any of you any ideas on how to enable this in my
> squid.conf?

Is Squid setup as a transparent proxy? Or not? This may affect how MSN
operates?

ok, I'll check this when I get home, at work at the moment.

Have you configured windows to go through the proxy server? Have you
configured MSN to do the same? Assuming Squid is working, I see no
reason why it would block msn...

I don't use Windows, I use Kopete under KDE for my MSN client.

>look for one that's around 3megapixels or less. There's no need for any
more.

wanted something a bit smaller....

Personally i think the camera whose details you posted was a bit overkill.

Oh, cool then, it was going for £70/80 on ebay brand new! they have quite a few :-)

Jayne