[Wolves] DSL/Wireless router recommendations?

C J Coleman ug97cjc at cs.bham.ac.uk
Fri Jun 11 12:18:11 BST 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 12:06:26PM +0100, fizzy wrote:
> I just like to be the first to point out that this is
> a REALLY BAD IDEA, as the mac addresses are sent in
> the clear, so it would take you all of about 30
> seconds to get one and spoof it. WEP isn't perfect,
> but it's ok for most peoples home networks.

A viable alternative to WEP is the much stronger IPSEC.  I know that
Windows systems can use IPSEC, but I do not know whether they work
filtering any non-IPSEC packets as easily as it is done in Linux.

--
C J Coleman <ug97cjc at cs dot bham dot ac dot uk>  GPG Key ID: A0F63EF1
GPG Key Fingerprint = ED46 AE41 133E B234 3E0B  DD16 3F5B BBA3 A0F6 3EF1