[Wolves] e-smith - and a question about local domains

Mark Ellse me at chaseacademy.com
Fri Jun 11 15:27:11 BST 2004

I've just installed e-smith (www.e-smith.org) on an old computer with a
new 80G hard disk. (£45) After downloading the iso and burning it, it
took about ten minutes to set it up and to add the user accounts. A
total doddle - even for me.

So now it sits on the network in a different building as a tame backup
server. So if we get a fire in the main offices, we don't lose all our data!

Highly recommended.

But here's a question. I've set the server up as a web server for a
local web. And I gave it the name chaselocal.com. How do I get our
browsers on mostly Windows machines to recognise that chaselocal.com is
a local address rather than pestering the DNS in the adsl router?

All advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mark