[Wolves] Pay-for music download sites

Katherine Goodwin kat at codepoets.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 09:20:16 BST 2004

Good Morning!

> Just being picky but its got to be more than a £1.00 when you take into
> account your electric to run the computer and the telephone bill.

Well I'm running my computer anyway when I'm playing music, and I would
pay for my adsl anyway so I'm just getting some more value out of these
:-)

> I'd say a closer figure would be about £1.60 - £1.80
>
> One of my friends a while back (when napster was running as a freebee) was
> bragging how he had got all this music for free, he only had a BT standard
> dial up account, when the phone bill came it was £278.00 that was just the
> internet call charges!

ahh the days of dialup... I remember them, just about.

> Not a very cheap way to get music me thinks I'll stick to buying at Virgin.

I could get really pedantic here and point out petrol costs, especially
as we rarely go shopping anywhere that isn't a supermarket. (Yes I know
they sell cds there but they don't often have a great range)

> Just the ramblings of a hot workaholic

Pedanticness (is that a word? pedanticity?) aside, the real appeal for
me is that I can just select songs that I have heard on the radio, and
know that I like.  I've bought albums before, having liked a particular
song by the artist, and not particularly liked any of the other songs on
the album.  Its not really about the cost per download, more about the
freedom to build a collection of songs I really like, for a reasonable
price. :-)

Kat