[Wolves] Pay-for music download sites

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 11:38:08 BST 2004

On Tuesday 15 Jun 2004 11:04, David Goodwin wrote:
> > I have an even better one than that, a guy here (Anthony) phoned Tiscali
> > regarding their £17.99 a month deal " oohh I'm sorry" the sales person
> > said "you cant have the 128MB service in your area but you could have the
> > 1GB service" which is about £30 "Doh" its the same line/cable!!! LOL :-D
>
> FSCK ME... where's the 1gb service? I _need_ that.
>

> David
>
> p.s. think s/GB/MB would suffice
>
> p.p.s It may be the same cable, but the local exchange may not have the
> necessary gear.

No David this is something I do know about! Broadband has been the biggest con
ever! Your slightly correct with regards exchanges but heres the rub. What
all the availability is about is users! nothing more nothing less BT want a
guarantee of 500 users per exchange when they have that number signed up they
will literally flick the switch.

We are an authorised BT Broadband reseller so do have inside info!

More importantly here's a tip for dial-up users like me (BT won't tell you
this)

1. Phone them up and ask them to turn the 'gain' up on your line I get 42k
-56k connection, slow compared to BB but hey what did we all do before BB?,

2. Get your ISP phone number put on friends and family my internet bill is
around £4-6 per quarter

Pete remembering when we all used slate boards and chalk and life was so much
better sending small kids down the pit!

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"