[Wolves] Pay-for music download sites

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 12:09:11 BST 2004

On Tuesday 15 Jun 2004 11:48, David Goodwin wrote:

> Yeah.. but considering upgrading an exchange may cost a large sum of
> momey and BT obviously want a return on their investment.... having said
> that they are apparently planning for universal service broadband...

BT are a shining example of a Public company success story they are allowed to
have a secret monopoly on communication you would be amazed at the amount of
so called competitors who use BT's equipment and services.

With regards installing new equipment most exchanges have it apart from places
like Little Dorking or Upper Wurzel these are the types of places that suffer
but places like Lichfield (which is where Anthony lives) has got the kit just
not enough users (I'm using Lichfield as an example before anyone with
nothing better to do looks up the info)

> Aren't most ISP numbers 0808 or something that's a flat rate? are you
> telling me you can put those numbers on f&f?

David, David, David, you've become too soft in the cradle of Broadband usage
Dial-ups accounts are easy money we still do/offer them now the ISP gets a
percentage of the call value on a per minute basis.

Yes you can put any number you like on friends and family (I think my
Freeserve number is 0976 but I can check) but as I said BT don't tell you
because then they can make more money. ;-)

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"