[Wolves] Anti-Virus

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 16:25:54 BST 2004

On Tuesday 15 Jun 2004 16:18, Old Dan wrote:

> It plugs in to amavis so anyone who actually really needs it (read: any
> windows users connected) can get their mails scanned at the server end.

amavis? I intend installaing on a Laptop so I dont quite understand this bit

> How were you using sophos?

Hm not as good as my office installation, really its a Windows package it only
runs in txt mode you could run it with the command sweep which would do a
quick scan, or sweep / which would do a full sweep of the root directory.

I set up a couple of cron jobs one for updating and one for sweeping the
system at 10 am and 2pm.

> > Installation will be dependant on your reviews.
>
> Unfortunately I haven't been using it long enough to give any more of a
> review than that yet - the thing hasn't acted in anger yet, it's only
> picked up test virii I have requested.

Test viri!!?? your a brave man! deliberatley trying to infect your system.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"