[Wolves] e-mail server

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Tue Jun 15 16:49:07 BST 2004

Stuart Langridge wrote:
> Dan wrote:
>
>>(I don't use squirrelmail anymore because I've got paranoid about it's
>>security)
>
> Now, I don't like SquirrelMail. Not because I'm paranoid about its
> security, but because it's fucking WANK. And I still use it. I'm not using
> it directly over the net, though; it's tunnelled through an SSH
> connection, so I'm not too worried about security. How are you solving the
> remote reading of email problem now? I've tried tunnelling an IMAP
> connection through the SSH tunnel and reading it with Thunderbird here,
> but it Does Not Work Too Well. Any other suggestions gratefully accepted,
> if they get me away from this crappy web client...

Secure IMAP (port 993).  'tis how.

You're going to tell me that's w*nk too now aren't you?  ;)

TBH I only usually read my email from a v. limited number of machines
(three at most) so I just have TBird set up on all of 'em.  Not the best
solution, I know.

All the machines are mine, anyway.  (Apart from the one at work)

--
Dan