[Wolves] E-mail

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 11:43:55 BST 2004

TriG wrote:
> David Goodwin wrote:
>

>> Squirrelmail is a bit naff in comparison to Horde
>>
> Horde is good, but old.. Depends what you want from a webmail, if you
> want a webmail that just works with out all this tarty stuff, squirrel
> works, if you wanna be l33t and have a cool name in your footer, use
> horde..

I like Horde, as it -

- Appears to be well designed (nice config files etc)
- Has a very modular design, making it easy to add modules to it (e.g.
calendars, address books, to do lists etc)
- Each module integrates well with others (E.g. Nag (to do list) and
Kronolith (Calendar)).
- Does more than just show me mail (i.e. can form a groupware suite).
- Has shared calendars etc
- Seems to be quite stable.... and a new release is due shortly.
- Has a more beautiful interface

I admit I don't think Horde has quite the development momentum as
squirrelmail....

David.